As we make progress with our mission to make a difference by improving lives through safer, cleaner, smarter energy, we are seeking to strengthen our senior business development team to continue to drive our future strategy and position Atkins at the forefront of the energy market in UK & Europe.
The Strategy & Business Development Team are looking for an individual to take a lead role in further developing the strategy and proactively positioning Atkins in the Onshore & Offshore energy market as the landscape of the UK & Europe market continues to evolve. On joining our team your primary focus will be on helping Atkins maintain a leading role in the Oil & Gas market and generating the next wave of opportunities for the UK & Europe Energy team.
The successful candidate will lead the development of the strategy & long term business development opportunities for the Onshore & Offshore Energy markets (for example Oil & Gas; Offshore Wind, Power & Renewables) and will take a leading role on senior client engagement, strategy development, winning work and pipeline management. The role will require the candidate to have experience and broad understanding of the UK & Europe Energy markets (clients; competition; supply chain), be creative and be a strong communicator.
So, if you are someone who is really motivated by shaping the future of our industry, who is driven by creating a WOW factor for our clients and has the curiosity, care and courage to embrace fresh thinking, then this might be the role for you. You will be able to balance this high energy motivation and drive with the tenacity to get the detail right, to really care about the difference you make to our clients, partners, policy influencers, and to our business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Driving a strong health, safety and security culture;
- Developing and maintaining a long term strategy for our Onshore & Offshore Energy markets in UK & Europe - ensuring that the business is looking ahead at the longer-term, strategic opportunities that will provide a step change for the Energy business
- Aligning Atkins to major Energy sector clients in the Onshore & Offshore markets
- Contributing to Energy policy and lobbying at Government level to help shape and influence future energy policy
- Selecting and penetrating new markets particularly in Europe
- Identifying and developing new capability (through technology, organic development, partnerships or acquisition)
- Creating and positioning Atkins for major Energy market opportunities - influencing the market and ensuring we are positioned to successfully secure upcoming strategic opportunities
- Providing strategic Win Work expertise and leading major bids to hit the growth target set by the UK&E Energy Lead Team
- Levering the strength of the Atkins Group
- Establishing and sustaining senior client relationships
- Acting as an ambassador for Atkins in the front end of the sales cycle
You will demonstrate the following;
The following would be highly desirable;
- In depth understanding of the UK oil & gas market in terms of clients, market segments, current political landscape
- Able to learn the full capability of Atkins and harness this for the UK & Europe market
- Thrive on working in a fast moving, client facing environment
- A self-starter, motivated by the chase of seeking out and winning work
- Effective at engaging and managing stakeholders, internal & external, at all levels. Understands and implements a ‘zippered’ approach to developing and maintaining effective relationships across the client organisation.
- Good understanding of working in a commercial consultancy and project delivery environment
- Degree qualified
- Strong verbal, presentational and report writing skills
- Able to seek out opportunities that align with our Energy, UK & European strategy. Scans the market and clients for opportunities to sell and cross-sell Atkins capabilities.
- Able to initiate, develop and build new client relationships through utilising own links into industry and relevant government departments
- Able to demonstrate and evidence experience of developing strategic relationships with clients and finding ways to Wow the client.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Fluency in additional languages, specifically German or an interest in becoming fluent in additional languages
- Role will involve travel to other Atkins' office locations and client site offices in the UK & Europe which may involve overnight stays away from home at regular intervals - therefore, candidates will need to be flexible to travel as required.
- Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted