ATKINS is one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
Our Major Projects team is one of the largest in the GDC India. Our clients include high-profile Infrastructure companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
Due to expanding workload in the USA, UK and the Middle East, we have an excellent career development opportunity for an enthusiastic Civil/Structural Engineers with Buildings Experience to join our design team in our Global Design Centres in Bangalore/Gurgaon, India.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects on multidisciplinary projects.
- Applies professional knowledge and experienced judgement, but refers to more senior staff for more complex matters
- Develop schematic and detail building designs from the concept designs for large projects and develop concepts large projects.
- Should have experience in the analysis and design of
- Reinforced Concrete & Pre Stressed Concrete structures
- Structural Steel and precast buildings.
- Should have experience in designing buildings to international standards such as ACI, Eurocode etc.
- Shall check and carry out independent reviews of work done by the team and of other projects as directed by the Principal Structural engineer.
- Provide technical direction and on the job training to junior members of the team.
- Able to present their technical work and that of their team on the project.
- Provide site backup on technical/design issues, where required
- Shall ensure effective communication and coordination on assigned tasks between all the disciplines.
- Managing one’s own time and time of others reporting to them.
- Build client relationships and help identify business opportunities, but will not have formal client or sales accountability.
- Responsible for compliance with Atkins QA/QC procedures and implementation of procedures.
- Keep abreast of latest trends and technologies.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil / Structural engineering from a recognised Institute with a minimum 5 years of industry experience
- Have sound understanding of finite element analysis and shall be proficient ideally in E-Tabs, SAFE, STAAD-Pro and ROBOT.
- In addition to Indian standards, shall be proficient in at-least one of the international codes of practice such as British, American and IBC etc.
- Shall be a technical expert in one of the sectors such as infrastructure, residential, commercial, hospitality, industrial etc.
- Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
- Preferably Chartered Engineer of institutes such as IStructE, ICE.
- Working Knowledge of software’s such as AUTOCAD, Revit structures.
- Working knowledge of current construction practices and contracting standards.