Atkins has exceptional opportunities for ambitious and talented Structural Design Engineers to work on high-profile projects within our expanding Structures team in Eynsham, Oxford.
We are looking to build upon our already successful, award winning and forward thinking design team. Candidates are expected to contribute to the development and execution of projects in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Americas.
Salary banding £30,000pa to £35,000pa
Please note the closing date for applications for this vacancy is 2nd February 2017
- Undertaking structural engineering analysis and design under the supervision of a senior engineer.
- Undertaking research and advises on soil mechanics, concrete technology
- Designing foundations and building structures
- Managing small projects and arranging work schedules.
- Working with CAD Technicians to produce relevant structural information.
- Arranging lunchtime CPDs and technical seminars.
- Supervising and providing assistance to graduate engineers and student placements.
- Honours Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (Minimum 2:1), with proven post graduate experience.
- Currently working towards achieving Chartered Engineer status with the IStructE or ICE in the next 2 years.
- Experience in the design of structures using the conventional engineering materials (steel concrete, timber, masonry) to UK codes and Eurocodes. Knowledge of American codes is also desirable.
- Strong problem solving abilities and creativity
- Good commercial awareness
- Good client facing skills
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to use Robot, StaadPro, Etabs and Fastrak software. Rhino, Grasshopper, AutoCAD and Revit experience is also desirable but not essential, or willingness and flexibility to learn new software.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-discipline team structure.
- Flexible approach to work location.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations