Creative Design are looking to recruit an innovative and passionate designer to lead our London team. We want somebody with strong creative vision, who understands commercial management and can apply innovation at every opportunity. You will need to be an excellent communicator who can excite clients with design and technical excellence.Essential Requirements
You will be responsible for the leadership of 7 brilliant creatives and visualisers in the central London office. You will drive quality and ensure regular collaboration with the national team. It is the Studio Lead’s responsibility to ensure workload is consistently high and opportunities are being maximised.
As a designer, you will need to have stand-out portfolio. You will embrace the variety of work and enjoy the buzz of a dynamic working environment and be brimming with creative ideas. You will have a proven record of leading mixed discipline teams, expanding on opportunities and developing ‘world class’ projects.
About the Creative Design team
Creative Design is not a typical in-house team. We are a proactive and creative team of 56 designers, developers, visualisers and filmmakers integrated into the heart of Atkins. Our expertise spans a range of creative disciplines, from traditional identity design to immersive virtual reality experiences.
Our design principles underpin everything we do. We're problem solvers who are excited by working together to find a solution. We create bespoke communications which focus on bringing meaning to content, make information more accessible and add value to projects. We create and implement viable concepts that utilise technology in a way that enhances outcomes and creates efficiencies. We invest in innovation and focus on upcoming technologies.
Our in-depth industry knowledge within the engineering sector spans all areas including architecture, defence, energy, urban design, transportation and water.
- Extensive experience leading teams and working in a professional environment
- Confident communicating with clients and colleagues when pitching, winning new work and leading projects
- A creative designer who is unafraid to challenge – happy with day-to-day tasks but always looking for ways to add value
- Experienced at winning work, spotting opportunities and maximising their potential.
- Passionate, driven and wanting to invest in Creative Design’s vision
- An expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop,
- Strong layout & typography skills
- Good organisational skills and close attention to detail
- The ability to work under pressure
- Friendly approach and enjoys working within a team
- Ability to learn new software and skills
This should be backed up with an up to date portfolio. Please include at least 3 examples of work with your CV. Our designers excel in the work they do and these are the areas you can expect to get involved in:
- An exceptional career opportunity, with a lively and friendly working environment and ongoing career growth and challenges
- Conceptualise and design for a variety of projects and clients, pushing the boundaries of expectations and helping to raise Atkins’ profile
- Work closely with talented designers in teams across the country to ensure a project is delivered to best creative standards
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership