Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction management, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture and design, and program management services to the Federal Government, public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world’s largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Calverton, MD, Orlando, FL; Tampa FL; Atlanta GA; as a Subcontracts Administrator II.
Process Purchase Requests, using the correct standard subcontracts agreements to ensure that subcontractors fully meet Company and project requirements. This includes reviewing scope of services, schedule, and basis of compensation, uploading documents to team share point site. Provide assistance to project team and Finance as required. Assists Sr. Contracts Manager and senior administrators with general contracts administration.
• Assist subcontractors to register in company’s database. Review Certificate of Insurance for compliance with Prime contract and/or company’s standard insurance terms.
• Assist with Request for Proposal form and verifies accuracy and completeness of proposal packages. Interfaces with affected groups to clarify and ensure that all necessary data has been included.
• Receives subcontractors’ responses to requests for proposals, determines each subcontractor’s ability to meet Company and project requirements. May support negotiation of the terms and conditions. Prepares and issues subcontracts commensurate with delegated procurement authority.
• Prepares subcontract documents and amendments, including identification and work with Sr. Administrators on inclusion of flow down requirements from prime contract. Ensures that terms and conditions will be appropriate.
• Prepares reports and contractual correspondence for project management and client. Maintains accurate tracking records tailored to the assigned subcontracts.
• Assists with subcontract closeout actions, completes file documentation, and forwards subcontract files to storage. Ensures retention of hard copy of reports and claims for specified period of time. Support internal and external audits as required.
• Serves as liaison between subcontractor, program management and procurement personnel.
• Performs such assignments and duties as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent discipline, plus a minimum of two years’ relevant experience related to DOT procurement or Federal contracts administration or an Associate’s degree with six years of relevant experience. Without a degree, eight years of relevant experience required.
A working knowledge of subcontracting activities typical to the engineering and construction industry is preferred.
Good analytical and organizational skills. Ability to perform mathematical calculations, to understand contract plans and specifications, organize information, and effectively utilize PC and applicable software.
Any of the following certifications preferred: NCMA Certified
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: