We are currently seeking a Systems Manager to join Network operations & Technology team, specifically the Intelligent Transport Systems team within the Consultancy practice. This fantastic opportunity is based in our Birmingham office.
The role itself will involve providing user support and database management for control room systems, specifically for Highways England one of our major clients as they operate seven regional control centres (RCC) to manage England’s road network using a range of technologies, working in collaboration with Highways England’s Information and Technology Directorate Traffic Technology division.
The Network Operations and Technology team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing “whole life” consultancy across the breadth of a project. Typically, these include
• Strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping
• Business case development, requirements capture, specification design and other project inception activities
• Project management during procurement and installation
• Commissioning and acceptance testing
Where practical, the role can be shaped to fit the aptitudes and experience of an individual provided that team objectives are met. Training on system administration of bespoke systems will be given either on the job or via formal instruction. It is important the person has the ability to problem solve under pressure and to thoroughly and concisely document activities is necessary. Much of the work requires a methodical approach and good self-organisation. Good communication skills, both written and oral, are required in order that effective working relationships can be built with users.
• HNC/equivalent in a technology/ICT related subject
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• Broad based knowledge of IT systems
• User support and management
• Microsoft Office for document writing, report generation – skills in Excel will be of particular advantage
• An ability to establish strong working relationships
• The role requires someone systematic, reliable, IT knowledgeable, who is able to recognise and deal with client needs
Join us in this role and you can take your Transportation career so much further. We offer the opportunity to work across different disciplines, in different UK offices and even to take up international or client-based secondments. So you won’t just be helping to shape the world of tomorrow, you’ll be shaping your own future too. We’ve got a lively culture where people from a diverse range of backgrounds support and inspire each other to achieve great things. So alongside excellent rewards and benefits, you’ll enjoy being part of a team that builds strong bonds both in and out of work!
Apply & the process
To apply please click the apply link attached. We are looking to interview ASAP for this role as it is of a high priority. It is expected the interview process will be a 1 stage process competency based interview, with the option of a further meeting should it be required.