We are seeking a transport modeller/data analyst to lead our expanding transport modelling team in Leeds.
From our Leeds office we are currently working on some of the biggest projects in the UK including two of the regional models and tranche 2 of the Smart Motorway Programme. Furthermore, through our transport modelling team, we are also developing our offering in data analytics and intelligent mobility in order to make the most of technology and data on the transport network to inform decision making.
Join our Transport Modelling and data Analytics team and you’ll be working with teams across Atkins helping us to deliver some of the biggest transport projects in the UK. You’ll help ensure the right projects get the go ahead by advising on feasibility, optimum solutions and delivery of major transport schemes and more. If you can provide clear advice and leadership – you’ll enjoy an exciting future and huge scope at Atkins.
We’re looking for someone with transport modelling skills, preferably in SATURN, VISUM or CUBE coupled with experience in economic appraisal and cost benefit analysis. You will have an understanding and experience guidance such as WebTAG. You will have good data analytical skills and be able to present your ideas at meetings and in reports. You will have experience in bidding for work, setting budgets and defining programmes. Ideally you will be a member of the Transport Planning Society and will have completed or have a good understanding of the TPS Professional Development Scheme.
Most importantly you will have the ability to lead a transport planning team. You will have responsibilities that will cover utilisation of the team, their professional development, recruitment and retention. To achieve this you will have good communication and people management skills.
You’re technical responsibilities will include delivery of projects for key clients including Department for Transport, Highways England, Transport for London and Local Authorities.
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to:
• Take responsibility for teams delivering technical work
• Enhance a strong performing team and help to mentor colleagues through their development
• Oversee the financial / commercial management of projects
• Ability to lead a team working on technical projects
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong numerate and analytical abilities
• Experience and knowledge of transport economic appraisal techniques, tools and guidance
• Sound understanding of how appraisal and business case work support scheme development and client’s needs
• Degree in a numeric subject, transport related subject or equivalent
• Experience in the preparation of method statements, bids and/or client communication and marketing material
Join us and you’ll enjoy being part of a fun, fulfilling and collaborative team working on the big exciting transport projects of the moment. You’ll have the opportunity to strengthen and develop your project and team management skills whilst expanding your portfolio with high profile infrastructure projects. We’ll value you for exceeding customer expectations and delivering the innovative solutions that nobody else can. After all, we can’t achieve great things without our staff so you can look forward to an excellent rewards package and career development. As this role is ideal for flexible working, we can also offer you a variety of different options to help you work where and when it is best for you.