Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical projects.
Our skills include the expansive area of Architecture and Interior Design for which we are looking for candidates to join our design studios who are excited about working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Our portfolio comprises a broad range of project types, including hospitality, office, commercial, transport, residential, retail and regeneration and civic projects. Ranging from small heritage buildings to massive complex mixed-use projects and large scale master plans.
- Full control and management of project design activities in structural division;
- Ensure project delivery, quality of work and technical review;
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and all other project related meetings;
- Build and develop a solid and successful group of professionals;
- Manage internal costs and budgets;
- Responsible for business tendering and commercial negotiations;
- Liaise with Client team in relation to project progress, decisions and changes;
- Actively address issues as raised by the clients;
- Seek for business opportunities and risk reduction proactively.
Candidate will need to clearly demonstrate and have the following:
- Degree and post graduate degree in Civil and/or Structural Engineering;
- Professional membership to one or more of the following: MHKIE, MIStructE, MICE;
- Registered Structural Engineer registered under the Structural Engineers’ Register maintained under the Buildings Department.
- At least 12 years' post chartered experience with more than 8 years’ experience in managing a team;
- Proven technical design capabilities in structural division;
- Track record of delivering large scale HK/China assignments;
- Excellent understanding of HK construction regulation and legislation;
- Experience in design, construction supervision and project management and familiar with the government submission procedures (e.g. Buildings Department, Architectural Services Department and Housing Department) and quasi-government submission procedures (MTRC, Airport Authority);
- Proficient in Cantonese & English, Mandarin is an advantage.