If you are a technically established Electrical Engineer, keen on driving forward a business in a new and challenging environment, then we are all waiting for you to join our team.
You’ll be results driven, enjoy developing client relationships, as well as delivering projects to high quality. If this sounds like you, we’d love you to apply for this position.The role
In the changing energy market, where the network is getting smarter, more efficient and more complex, we are seeking a consultant who can be at the forefront of delivering this work.
As part of our team, you’ll be responsible for contributing to our growth strategy by building on existing client relationships and developing new relationships, particularly with DNOs and innovation projects. You’ll engage with potential new clients and contacts to communicate Atkins’ expertise, write and lead competitive tenders, and also maintaining an understanding of ongoing developments in the market, including likely innovation projects and other developments.
Other key responsibilities include managing clients (such as DNOs) and ensuring that projects are delivered profitably and resolving project issues- including using your knowledge of networks to highlight and advise on issues with design. You will also working with Atkins’ Operations Leads to recruit and grow the teams, and maintain productivity.The person
A key aspect of the role will be developing and building relationships with external clients, as well as supporting the development of the internal team of engineers. You’ll have the ability to manage teams and deliver projects to a high standard, and also be able to work both independently and within a team.
In addition to holding a degree in Electrical Engineering you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good understanding of the operation and design of the transmission and distribution networks
- Experience of working within the UK transmission and distribution industry
- Hold Chartered Engineer status or working towards
Also, experience in a minimum of one of the following area is required:
- Working with/for a client organisation such as Transmission operators (TO)/Distribution network operator (DNOs), HVDC interconnector developer or OFTO
- Systems operation
- Developing and managing innovation projects with/for DNOs or other network operators
- Working with regulatory bodies or internal regulatory teams particularly related to codes and standards (e.g. Grid Code, D-Code, European Network codes, SQSS, ENA ER etc.) and investment decision making/submissions (e.g. CBA, price control submissions) etc.
- Network planning such as development of long term development statements (DNOs), Seven Year or ten year statement (Transmission network operators), and development of roadmaps or energy scenarios.
Atkins Energy business has been operating in the energy market for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. We are on the brink of a revolution in how the world generates and uses Energy. The possible scenarios of the future energy market will require the smart integration of renewable generation, energy storage, and sustainable demand with a transmission & distribution network that remains robust, flexible and economic to meet this changing landscape.
Our clients include International and UK transmission and distribution companies, manufacturers, renewable technology providers, investors and regulatory bodies, with an increasingly key role in delivering the electrical design aspects of major infrastructure projects and truly ground-breaking international projects.Benefits and additional information
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package which includes the option to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year.
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineer