We are seeking to recruit an ambitious individual to win and deliver Travel Demand Management technical project work in our Consultancy Practice. You will play a key role in the development of this buoyant, established, but yet rapidly evolving discipline, as well as in the development and delivery of Travel Demand Management projects for our local authority and private sector clients.
Through your previous business development and technical delivery experience, you will be providing an active role in securing work from new clients and supporting the development of the business with our existing clients.
Based in our London Euston Tower office, you will play a key role in securing and delivering sustainable transport programmes for Local Authority clients in London and the South-East region, in addition to supporting the private sector in delivering Travel Demand Management solutions. You will work with an established Travel Demand Management team of professionals to grow the breadth and volume of this technical service offering to clients.
What makes us standout?
• We are shaping the London and South East region’s future by working with a range of public and private sector client to deliver real change, including flagship projects for the The Crown Estate, The Royal Borough of Kingston, High Speed 2 Limited, Transport for London, Hampshire and Surrey County Councils and Slough Borough Council.
• We are supporting a range of Local Authorities to deliver their sustainable transport projects as part of the Department for Transport’s Sustainable Travel Transition Year and forthcoming Access for Sustainable Transport Fund.
• We are working with private sector organisations, developers, landowners and occupiers to develop successful and innovative solutions to maximise the transport sustainability of their sites and to enable them to take their development projects forward.
• We have frameworks and partnerships with several Local Authorities in the South-East region which gives us excellent opportunity for client-side working and a diversity of technical Travel Demand Management project work.
• There is a large and diverse team of Transport Planners based in central London who are active in transport societies and professional institutions, actively support a host of charities and also enjoy a wide range of sports and social activities.
You will have the opportunity to be responsible for securing and leading the technical delivery of Travel Demand Management projects, including:
• Travel behaviour change and Travel Demand Management projects for Local Authority clients including workplaces, businesses, education and healthcare sectors and events programmes for a number of local authority clients.
• Providing expert technical support to developers in the preparation, delivery and monitoring of planning-led Travel Plans and sustainable access solutions.
• Travel engagement and change management expert advice to enable private sector businesses and occupiers to develop and deliver sustainable travel solutions for their organisations and Estate.
• Appropriate academic and professional qualifications - meaning degree qualified in a relevant discipline (such as Geography, Urban Planning, Marketing and Transport Planning).
• A proven track record in developing and delivering successful Travel Demand Management projects for private and public sector clients.
• Proven successes in securing financial budgets for sustainable travel projects.
• Significant experience of developing new value propositions and innovation in Travel Demand Management project delivery.
• Understanding of different motivations/benefits for clients and target audiences for engaging in and commissioning travel behaviour change projects.
• Experience of managing project teams.
• Experience of the effective commercial management of projects.
• Excellent client engagement and management skills.
• Experience of public and stakeholder engagement.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Willingness to travel to different client locations in the South-East region of England.
• Ability to think creatively in developing new value propositions and innovation in Travel Demand Management service offerings which have a sound commercial business case.
• Enthusiasm and appetite to work collaboratively with other Technical Leads across the Consultancy Practice and across different locations in the UK to grow service offerings and client portfolio.
• Providing a leading technical role in securing Travel Demand Management work from new clients.
• Leading the delivery of a varied portfolio of Travel Demand Management projects with private and public sector clients.
• Working collaboratively with other Travel Demand Management professionals to develop new areas of service offering.
• Able to develop excellent relationships with clients to secure a strong pipeline of work
• A strong and influential team player, who provides strong leadership to our project teams
• An excellent communicator, able to convince stakeholders to buy into sustainable travel.
• Strong project management skills, able to competently manage commercial, people and clients.
• Willingness to travel. You would be based in our central London office (Euston Tower), however would be expected to travel to our client offices in the South-East of England, subject to project delivery and client need.