Due to local business growth, we are seeking an additional water technician for our Peterborough office.
Our Water Operations team is one of the largest in the UK with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
We are currently looking for a Water Technician to join our water networks and drainage team in Peterborough. This role is to include both site based work and office tasks, with responsibilities ranging from site inspections, flow and pressure monitoring of water distribution networks (full training will be given), manipulation of flow and pressure data in Excel and presenting this information clearly. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to acquire water network and wastewater modelling skills within the team and to develop a career in this field.
The candidate should be a highly motivated, competent, with strong analytical skills. A team player that works well on their own initiative, possesses excellent communication skills and is physically fit. The candidate should also be prepared to work for short periods away from home when required in order to support work that is carried out from other offices in the UK.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with internal staff and external clients
- Ability to be flexible and to be able to multi-task and prioritise when necessary.
- Well motivated, able to work as part of a team or on individual assignments when required.
- Full clean UK driving licence