One of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies, we’re driven to ask ‘why’ and make the world a better place – today and tomorrow. At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career in. You’ll soon take responsibility for assignments, helping all kinds of customers, both internal and external, transform the way they work, whilst our training will help you develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Atkins has developed a “One Atkins 2020” strategy for the future. To support this initiative the Atkins IT function, called Group IS, have defined an operating model for 2020 to revolutionise the way services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by Business Value. Key concepts include: transitioning to digital products, adopting agile delivery approaches across the organization and experimenting with new ways of working, leveraging cloud services, and applying focus to supporting Atkins project bids and delivery.
The Group IS Development Programme is a new framework designed to help develop the skills and knowledge our Technology Associates need to progress their early career and subsequently achieve applicable professional qualifications. It supports creating the next generation of business leaders, technical leads, and digital disrupters with both a strong tech-background and wider appreciation of business management. Staff on the programme will develop the skills to be confident to challenge CEO’s, businesses and our own staff to ensure we’re getting the most value out of technology to support our business to win and deliver work more effectively.
Please note this is an entry level role.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Technology Associate in our IT function you will be managed from the central Atkins Portfolio Office but be given opportunities to work across all our IT support teams as part of the development programme; whether that’s creating new products in our digital services teams, implementing projects in the portfolio office or our technical services team, selling technology solutions in our client technology team or even supporting our business customers in the global services team. The possibilities and opportunities are endless and regardless of which team you’re working with, you’ll find we all live and work with four key values:
- We use our curiosity, innovation and creativity to solve problems in cool ways
- We’re confident in our knowledge and technical expertise
- We seek out opportunities, and really listen to our customers’ problems
- We work together in a dynamic and agile way to make change happen quickly
We’re experimenters …
- We’re not afraid to try different ways of doing things
- We’re champions for new ideas and tools
- Building close, trusted partnerships really matters to us
- We solve problems together with the business, working openly and honestly
- We share our knowledge and work in a collaborative ways, joining together for the best results
What we’re looking for:
- A winning attitude – you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable.
- Customer driven – you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
- Ambassador for Atkins – you take pride in your work and the work that Group IS does and you share this with your colleagues.
- Digital – willing to embrace not only new technologies, but new ways of working, new ideas and new business models.
- Innovative and Adaptive - always looking for new technologies and tools that can be used to add value in Atkins
- Meet the challenge – you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current.
- Aware – you have an understanding of the wider Atkins goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Delivers – you deliver on the tasks assigned to you, involve others and ensure objectives are met
- Flexibility – the ability to be site based in line with the requirements of the tasks you are given
- A team player – you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
- Engaging – you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues without using unnecessary jargon. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions
- Adaptable – you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree typically in, but not constrained to, a technology or business discipline or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An interest in technology and how to run a business
- Be flexible and adaptable to work in different verticals and potential locations
- Possess solid analytical skills with a desire to understand how technology can help clients achieve their strategic goals
- An innovative, driven, goal oriented out of the box thinker capable of interacting with all members of the team and senior leadership.
- Comfortable in a “fluid” environment where each day may be different and unstructured depending on what is required at the time.
- Strong team player tendencies; must be willing to be a part of and accountable for the overall success of the team.
- A problem solver, someone who enjoys “rolling up their sleeves” and getting their hands dirty in order to solve a challenge
- The ability and desire to ask questions and challenge the status quo when appropriate.
Want to know more:
Interested in joining our exciting new team and want to hear more about our digital engineering vision, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKLmOcRVEkk