Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and the world's 11th largest design firm with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Orlando, FL staff as a Traffic Operations Center Traffic Analyst Intern on a Part Time status. This position will require 10-20 hours per week for weekdays and/or weekends.
- Under direction, applies knowledge of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), Traffic Management Centers (TMC), Traffic Incident Management (TIM), work zone management and highway maintenance activities to develop, implement and manage response plans and support real-time surface transportation network needs and challenges.
- Responsible for traffic monitoring of the designated arterial roadways including detecting, confirming, updating and responding to scheduled and unscheduled traffic events, congestion and travel time imbalances in the geographical coverage area with monitoring and/or surveillance capability. Provides quality assurance on the day to day handling of events relative to the TMC. Must be capable of coordinating with staff, making independent judgments in time sensitive situations and coordinating with TMC supervisors, clients and other stakeholders outside the facility.
- Actively monitors arterial traffic conditions and anticipates problem areas on the road network.
- Manages events and congestion using the TMC system equipment and ITS devices.
- Actively reviews operational activity for accuracy and appropriateness, and provides guidance and feedback to staff.
- Provides support to the client and operations staff by maintaining awareness of state-wide traffic flow using maps, event lists, construction information, speed data, cameras (CCTV), and other TMC equipment.
- Compiles statistical performance measures reports for the client and operations management staff as appropriate.
- Supports the development and management of all response plans, event notifications, and unscheduled/scheduled event logs.
- Communicates regularly with client managers, project manager, shift supervisors and other stakeholders to provide status updates, ascertain needs and provide solutions to any issues.
- Assist with the development of daily shift, equipment malfunction, activity, and phone logs that will be disseminated to stakeholders.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and active capability to perform all TMC operations tasks and use all tools as required.
- Assists with report data collection to include monthly reports, telephone logs, severe incident report, and any other reports that are requested.
- Performs special assignments as it relates to traffic operations, traveler information, and incident management.
Education and Experience required:
- Must be currently enrolled in accredited program and possess a background in TMC operations, Arterial Management, Traffic Incident Management, Emergency Management, information and communication technologies, traveler information, or traffic control systems.
- Good technical writing and analytical and communications skills, including the ability to present concepts verbally.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure. Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
- Must be able to think strategically in relation to the entire network and in the context of the incident management program.
- Must have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Must have the ability to generate time sensitive responses using independent judgment.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.