Atkins is looking for talented individuals to join our Economics and Business Case teams in a variety of locations and levels.
We are a growing Practice working on a diverse range of high profile projects. We’re looking for individuals to help deliver projects for local, regional and key national clients including Department for Transport, Network Rail and Highways England.
We analyse all kinds of schemes from road investment and new railways to bus rapid transit, sustainable solutions and transport technology projects. We advise on everything from project costs and benefits to the best options and new ways to unlock investment. Our projects range from small to big-hitting giving opportunities to suit everyone.
Looking at complex projects from every angle, you’ll help our customers to find the best solutions to their transport challenges. The role will involve working as part of a team or leading work to identify and appraise the impact of transport schemes and prepare business cases to justify the case for investment.
You’ll develop your skills through experience working on the range of projects we have and with an excellent team and the training is excellent. You’ll make the most of your analytical skills, client focus and commercial acumen to deliver interesting high quality projects.
Atkins is a big infrastructure consultancy that offers great scope for your career. And we’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking to enhance our team with individuals who demonstrate the following:
• Dynamism and passion about the transport planning and economics field
• Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of transport economic appraisal techniques, tools and guidance and an awareness of the emerging focus on Wider Economic Impacts
• An interest and appreciation of current transport policy and the key factors influencing national and local authority clients as well as private sector considerations
• A proven track record in applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client / project requirements on a diverse range of projects
• Ability to be proactive in finding appropriate solutions to project challenges and enthusiasm for innovation
• The ability to work effectively within a team and to lead teams where appropriate
• Good organisational, communication, time and budget management skills
• Numerate, economics or transport related degree subject and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification
• Enthusiasm to develop their career and progress quickly as a consultant in the transport planning sector
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects. Have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. Benefit from our promotion-from-within policy. And you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We offer flexible working and are committed to equal opportunities as we know from our experience that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.