Atkins is looking for talented individuals to join our Transport Modelling and Data Analytics teams in a variety of locations and levels.
We are a growing Practice working on a diverse range of high profile projects. We’re looking for individuals to help deliver projects for local, regional and key national clients including Department for Transport, Highways England and many local authorities.
We have a strong forward workload with major clients in central government, local government and the private sector. Our teams are currently delivering exciting and nationally important infrastructure projects. They are developing new technical solutions to meet the challenges and opportunities provided by Intelligent Mobility including the application of mobile phone data and other sources of ‘big data’.
We analyse and provide modelling services related to a range of schemes from road investment and new railways to bus rapid transit, sustainable solutions and transport technology projects. Our projects range from small to big-hitting giving opportunities to suit everyone.
Looking at complex projects from every angle, you’ll help our customers to find the best solutions to their transport challenges. The role will involve working as part of a team or leading work to identify and appraise the impacts of transport schemes and support in the preparation of business cases to justify the case for investment.
You’ll develop your skills through experience, working on the range of our existing projects, alongside our excellent team, in combination with exceptional formal training opportunities. You’ll make the most of your analytical skills, client focus and commercial acumen to deliver interesting high quality projects.Atkins is seeking enthusiastic Transport Modellers with some strategic or micro-simulation experience in order to make the most of technology and data on the transport network to inform decision making.
We are seeking:
• Transport modellers who have recent experience of modelling software such as EMME, SATURN, CUBE, VISUM, AIMSUN, VISSIM, S-PARAMICS or any similar package.
• Transport planners with economic assessment skills using packages such as TUBA, COBALT, MYRIAD and QUADRO.
• Transport planners who can combine these skills with data analytic and or programming skills to analyse big data.
Atkins is a big infrastructure consultancy that offers great scope for your career. We are very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking to enhance our team with individuals who demonstrate the following:
• Dynamism and passion about the transport planning and modelling field
• Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills
• An interest and appreciation of current transport policy and the key factors influencing national and local authority clients as well as private sector considerations
• A proven track record in applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client / project requirements on a diverse range of projects
• Knowledge of transport economic appraisal techniques, tools and guidance and an awareness of the emerging focus on Wider Economic Impacts
• Ability to be proactive in finding appropriate solutions to project challenges and enthusiasm for innovation
• The ability to work effectively within a team and to lead teams where appropriate
• Good organisational, communication, time and budget management skills
• Numerate, transport or economics related degree subject and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification
• Enthusiasm to develop their career and progress quickly as a consultant in the transport planning sector
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects. Have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. Benefit from our promotion-from-within policy. And you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We offer flexible working and are committed to equal opportunities as we know from our experience that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.