Join our Cities, Space and Development Planning team in Transportation Consultancy and your transport planning creativity and technical skills will transform projects. Collaborating with specialists from across our business as part of multidisciplinary teams, you’ll work on flagship regeneration and development projects. Making the most of your transport planning and development skills, you’ll create streetscapes, secure developers planning approval and deliver sustainable and accessible developments. If you can present your ideas and build strong client relationships – you’ll enjoy influencing mixed use developments, housing communities, airports, schools, sustainable transport, public realm schemes and more.
Based in our Manchester office, the successful applicant will work as part of our national Cities, Space and Development Planning team, which delivers all transport aspects of land development. You will be responsible for the technical delivery of projects, including:
• Development Planning – producing Transport Statements and Transport Assessments;
• Local and Microscoping Simulation Modelling;
• Preparing, delivering and monitoring Travel Plans and Sustainable Access Strategies;
• Public realm, Space Planning and Masterplanning; and
• Transport Development Control support.
What makes Atkins in Manchester standout?
• We are working on Highways England’s key Spatial Planning Framework.
• We are supporting a range of Local Authorities to deliver their projects.
• We are Atkins Centre of Excellence for microscopic simulation modelling working on projects across the UK and beyond.
• We are helping our clients develop business cases for of several large infrastructure schemes.
• We are working with land owners and developers to provide the transport solutions which enable them to take forward their major development sites.
• There is a large and diverse team of Transport Planners, Traffic Engineers and Rail experts based in Manchester who are active in transport societies and professional institutions. They also actively support a host of charities and enjoy a wide range of sports and social activities.
Our Team works on a diverse range of projects and has ambition to grow. We’re looking for an individual who is able to work well in a team environment to help deliver exciting projects for local, regional, national and international clients.
The successful candidate will have a range of attributes which is expected to include:
• Appropriate academic qualifications such as being Degree qualified in a relevant discipline, for example, Transport Planning, Urban Planning, Geography, Mathematics.
• Experience of working for a Consultancy or for a Highway Authority.
• Technical competency in areas of Development Planning work including Transport Assessments and Statements, Travel Planning and transport chapters of environmental impact assessments.
• Technical competency in a range of Local Modelling software such as LinSig, TRANSYT, and TRL Junctions.
• Technical competency in at least one Microscopic Simulation modelling package such as VISSIM, S-Paramics, and Aimsun.
• Excellent report writing, other written and numerical presentation skills.
• Strong communicator, both within an internal environment and when in a client environment.
• Development control experience
• Experience in Strategic modelling software such as SATURN
• Experience in GIS software such as MapInfo
• Full driving license.
• Excellent team player when working in multidisciplinary project teams.
• Results focused, ensuring that projects are delivered successfully.
• Able to develop good relationships with internal and external clients.
• Analytical, able to gain an appreciation of technical issues.
Here at Atkins we really invest in the career progression of our employees, so join us and we’ll value you for going above and beyond to exceed customer expectations. We offer great opportunities to broaden your horizons and you can look forward to an excellent rewards package. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.