Atkins is looking for talented and driven Transport Planners to join our Transport Modelling and Data Analytics teams.
We are a growing and successful Practice working on a diverse range of high profile projects covering many aspects of Transport Planning. We are looking for individuals who are ambitious and have a determination to contribute and lead the delivery of projects for local, regional and key national clients including Department for Transport, Highways England and many local authorities.
Our Practice has a strong forward workload, with our teams working on a range of innovative, exciting and nationally important projects. These cover not only traditional infrastructure scheme design and development, but also innovation through advanced technology such as CAVs and opportunities provided by the move towards intelligent mobility, mobile phone data and other sources of ‘big data’. Our teams apply a range of Transport Planning skills to meet the challenging future opportunities presented by our clients.
Looking at complex projects from every angle, you will help our customers to find the best solutions to their transport challenges. The role will involve working as part of a team or leading a project team to work through all phases of the lifecycle of a transport planning project, from early phase optioneering and appraisal through to detailed design and scheme delivery assistance.
You will have the opportunity to develop your skills through experience of working on the range of projects we have and with support from industry leading senior staff and provision of formal training. You will be able to make the most of your analytical skills, client focus and commercial acumen to deliver interesting high quality projects.
We are seeking Transport Planners who can demonstrate a range of skills covering some of the areas below:
• Transport Planning feasibility studies;
• Transport modelling software, either strategic packages (SATURN/EMME etc) or local modelling tools (LINSIG/Junction etc);
• Economic assessment skills using packages such as TUBA, COBALT, MYRIAD and QUADRO;
• Experience of client contact and developing relationships;
• Leading projects or project teams to delivery high quality solutions;
• Data processing and analytic skills and experience and/or programming skills to analyse big data.
Atkins is a big infrastructure consultancy that offers great scope for your career. We are very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking to enhance our team with individuals who demonstrate the following:
• Dynamism and passion about the Transport Planning field;
• Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills;
• An interest and appreciation of current transport policy and the key factors influencing national and local authority clients as well as private sector considerations;
• A proven track record in applying a range of relevant analytical techniques to meet varying client / project requirements on a diverse range of projects;
• Ability to be proactive in finding appropriate solutions to project challenges and enthusiasm for innovation;
• The ability to work effectively within a team and to lead teams where appropriate;
• Good organisational, communication, time and budget management skills;
• Numerate or Transport related degree subject and ideally a relevant post graduate qualification; and
• Enthusiasm to develop their career and progress quickly as a consultant in the transport planning sector.
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects. Have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. Benefit from our promotion-from-within policy. And you’ll enjoy an exceptional rewards and benefits package including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
We offer flexible working and are committed to equal opportunities as we know from our experience that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.