The Transport Planning & Management business provides advisory services to transportation clients in traffic modelling, scheme appraisal, design and transport policy.
A vacancy exists for a Consultant Transport Planner with modelling expertise to work in our modelling team based in London. The position will involve working on a range of highway and/or public transport modelling projects within an established team. The role may also provide opportunities to work on rail projects being led by the rail planning team located in the London office.
The position will be based at our London office.
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Experience in the development and application of computer-based traffic/transport models using transport modelling software packages such as SATURN, EMME/2 and VISUM.
- Experience in the development and application of transport demand models in line with WebTAG guidance.
- Experience in the economic evaluation of transport schemes using COBA and/or TUBA.
- Experience in the use of DIADEM.
- Experience of working on rail planning projects
- Experience in micro-simulation modelling using software such as VISSIM and PARAMICS.
- Experience in the assessment of junctions using software such as TRANSYT, ARCADY, LINSIG, PICADY.
- Experience in the use of MapInfo and in the application of GIS Techniques to Transport Planning.
As a member of an established transport modelling team you will work on a variety of transport modelling projects. You will be responsible for:
- Development and checking of highway and/or public transport models and model forecasts, reports and analyses including quality and delivery to timescales.
- Technical leadership and development of project tasks, and the development of tools and processes to assist in efficient project delivery.
- The successful candidate will need to be
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious
- Able to work within a team and lead projects
- Able to show initiative and creativity
- Able to adapt to highway and public transport demand modelling as well as macro and microsimulation modelling
- Able to build excellent working relationships with colleagues and clients
Right to work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA ( who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA