Atkins’ Transportation business is currently expanding our team of Transport Technology Consultants within the Network Operations and Technology Practice. With government investment expected, we are looking for experienced professionals that have enthusiasm and experience in applying consultancy solutions in a transport technology context.
An opportunity has arisen within Atkins for a Transport Technology Consultant/Engineer in the Birmingham office.
Your responsibilities will include supporting bids and project management tasks, and undertaking suitable tasks on transport technology projects. Projects typically involve advising and supporting clients in the deployment of technology on the road network and associated control centres. Our team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, across the life cycle of a project.
Typically, these include:
• Business case development, requirements capture and specification design
• Project and programme management, dealing with stakeholders and risk & change management
• System procurement including reviewing and assessing contractor proposals
• Research and feasibility studies into new technologies including connected and autonomous vehicles
• Calibration and optimisation of network management systems, e.g. traffic signals, ramp metering, smart motorways
• Economic appraisal and evaluation of technology schemes
This role will be in part of a team supporting clients across this range of activities on small, medium and large projects.
• Degree (or equivalent) and relevant professional qualification (or potential to apply)
• Experience of delivering work for consultancy projects or technology solutions
• Flexibility to support projects, bids, and develop experience in technical and advisory roles
• Ability to deliver assignments within tight time constraints
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
• Client focus, customer service, and ability to develop effective relationships with clients
• Ability to manage time across multiple tasks
• Ability to learn new skills and understand complex technical projects
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Delivery of innovative client solutions and tasks for Network Operations and Transport Technology Consultancy projects by supporting project and bid managers
• Preparation of a brief, working to that brief and delivery of reports, specifications and other documents
• Assisting in the project management of multiple small / medium sized projects
• Task management, delegated by project and bid managers
• Effective management of the delivery of work to standards and procedures (internal and client)
• Liaison with clients with the ability to discuss projects and progress when required
• Ability to work collaboratively in a matrix structure
• Initiative and examples of creativity
• A professional manner
• A clear and thorough communication style
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.