Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. We build long-term trusted partnerships to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
At Atkins, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
Atkins seeks an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starters to join our Atkins staff as a Transportation Engineer. Incumbent may be able to work out of either our Raleigh, NC office or our Charlotte, NC office.
- Under supervision, performs routine engineering work while developing professional proficiency.
- On design assignments, works to learn how to clearly convey the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
- On assignments involving investigations and planning, works to learn the fundamentals of engineering processes and to apply them successfully to operating systems.
- On assignments involving construction activities, works to develop an understanding of construction methods and the translation of engineering drawings and specifications into the constructed product.
- Generally applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of somewhat diversified tasks requiring the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning.
- Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- B.S. in Engineering.
- Minimal experience is required of incumbents with a Bachelor's Degree in a branch of Engineering directly related to hiring discipline; no experience required with a Master's degree.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills.
- PC and CAD skills required.
- E.I. or EIT desired.
- Basic proficiency with Bentley Microstation, Geopak and Corridor Modeler desired.
Candidates will have the option of working in the Charlotte, NC office or the Raleigh, NC office.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Atkins is a drug free workplace.