Atkins is one of the world’s leading engineering design consultancies with a strong reputation in Tunnel Engineering Sector. We have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time critical infrastructure projects.
In the infrastructure sector we have rapidly expanding workload and an exciting portfolio of roads, rail, water and building development projects. We currently have outstanding opportunities for a Tunnel Engineer in our rapidly expanding tunnelling team in Bangalore (Global Design Centre) GDC. An ideal opportunity for individual looking to develop his/her international experience by working with a multidisciplinary team of experienced Geotechnical Engineers and Tunnel Engineers in providing a comprehensive design service to our international as well as domestic clients.
The successful applicant will be a tunnel engineer to play a role in supporting the development of the business in our Bangalore office. Around 5 years’ experience in the infrastructure design consultancy including the structural design of underground structures.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Sufficient and appropriate experience within an engineering design consultancy undertaking the design of tunnels or related infrastructure
- Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to liaise with international clients
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate work
- Assist senior staff in the delivery of projects and offers
- A willingness to travel on short term assignments both within India and overseas.
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and Masters in "Rock and Underground Structures" is preferable.
- Around 5 years of relevant design experience
- Conversant with relevant Euro codes and Indian standards.
- Numerical modelling software experience for design of excavations and/or concrete structures.
- Experienced in using Plaxis, Flac and MathCad software
- Sufficient post-graduation experience, with a significant proportion gained with an engineering design undertaking the design of tunnels or related infrastructure
- Analytical skills to assess complex underground structure's related problems and deliver appropriate solutions.
- Be able to estimate man hour requirements for engineering execution or proposals.
- Sufficient first hand experience in the field of underground structures and design of tunnels, shafts, cavern, temporary support systems etc.
- Design experience in Soft Ground and Rock Tunnelling.
- Conversant with tunneling analysis software like Plaxis, FLAC, Phase2 etc.
- Experience of soil structure interaction analysis would be an advantage.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with colleagues/customers.
- Willingness to travel overseas.
- Excellent written and spoken English within a business environment.
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
Candidates will be asked to show how their technical experience demonstrates ability to: