Due to continued growth in the workload of our successful Water business, we seek to recruit Wastewater Modellers across our UK offices.
The successful candidate will join a team of geographers and civil engineers and play a key role in delivering to Water Company Clients and Local Authorities, with the potential to get involved with International projects. They will be self motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Geography (but will consider other disciplines or qualifications depending on experience).
- Previous demonstrable experience in wastewater modelling using InfoWorks CS.
- Experience of MapInfo.
- Experience of InfoWorks 2D / ICM, InfoNet, MapBasic and Visual Basic would be an advantage.
- Experience of undertaking Drainage Area Plan studies.
- Capable of leading small project teams and mentoring.
- A good understanding of UK water industry.
- Construction and verification of wastewater models to investigate flood risk and flood mechanisms and develop outline solutions.
- Planning and supervision of site asset surveys for physical and condition assessments.
- Analysis of wastewater operational data.
- Checking and reviewing modelling work undertaken by others.
- Preparing technical reports and other project deliverables.
- Interfacing with clients on projects.
- Contributing towards technical innovation.
- Compliance with Atkins Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
Atkins develops individuals through appropriate on the job training and development courses designed to help individuals make the best of their abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant Institutions.