Due to continued growth in the workload of our successful Water business, we seek to recruit Wastewater Modellers in our Edinburgh, Glasgow and Warrington offices. The successful candidate will join a team of geographers and civil engineers and play a key role in delivering to Water Company Clients and Local Authorities, with the potential to get involved with International projects. They will be self motivated and demonstrate an ability to work with others in a variety of project roles.
• Degree in Civil Engineering or Geography (but will consider other disciplines or qualifications depending on experience).
• Substantial experience in wastewater modelling using InfoWorks CS.
• Experience of MapInfo.
• Experience of InfoWorks 2D / ICM, InfoNet, MapBasic and Visual Basic would be an advantage.
• Experience of undertaking Drainage Area Plan studies.
• Capable of leading small project teams and mentoring.
• A good understanding of UK water industry.
• Chartered status/professional membership or working towards would be highly desirable
• Construction and verification of wastewater models to investigate flood risk and flood mechanisms and develop outline solutions.
• Planning and supervision of site asset surveys for physical and condition assessments.
• Analysis of wastewater operational data.
• Checking and reviewing modelling work undertaken by others.
• Preparing technical reports and other project deliverables.
• Interfacing with clients on projects.
• Mentoring of junior staff.
• Contributing towards technical innovation.
• Compliance with Atkins Heath and Safety Policies and Procedures.