Atkins is looking to recruit a Water Inspector for an Infrastructure and Public Realm project, under our client Musanada. The project comprises of design, supervision of roads, infrastructure works & the irrigation line for the entire Bani Yas area on Abu Dhabi mainland
- Familiarise and assist in the review of contractor’s Shop Drawings & make comments for Storm Water, Potable Water and Irrigation Works;
- Familiarise and assist in the review of contractor’s Material Submittals and Method Statements;
- Check that all required inspections are carried out and the QA/QC documentation is issued and filed for the Storm Water, Potable Water and Irrigation Works;
- Assess whether site conditions are suitable prior to construction activity;
- Attend Work Inspection Requests, assess whether construction activities and execution are in accordance with approved drawings, method statements and material submittals;
- Assist in raising NCR’s.
- Ensure RE/ARE’s instructions are being carried out;
- Co-ordinate with Land Surveyor for setting-out, levels, etc.
- Check services locations and ensure their protection;
- Record results of inspections, tests, work executed;
- Assist in inspect materials delivered to site and assets whether they are in accordance with approvals and correctly stored;
- Observe site safety procedures, and notify contractor of any safety breaches;
- Maintain daily diary of construction activities and any unusual occurrence;
- Record progress of completed works for inclusion in monthly reports;
- Assist in the review of “as-built” drawings, and make comments;
- Prepare defects lists for inspected works and issue non-compliance reports for non-compliant works;
- Provide regular information to Engineers with regards to all site activities including progress, quality and health and safety issues.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, Sharjah.
- A relevant technical qualification (degree) is essential.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in major Sewerage/Storm water management and infrastructure projects. Familiarity with utilities, drainage and electro-mechanical works.
- The individual must possess the ability to read working drawings and related specifications, and capable of enforcing such specifications.
- Computer literacy and excellent communication skills is essential.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 26 calendar days annual leave (based on 6 day working week)
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Apply and the Process:
We are currently looking for Water Inspector for our Atkins business. We are in the process of shortlisting the candidates and will advise you on your status by the end 30th March 2017.