Our Networks & Drainage Engineering team is one of the largest in the UK with clients that include UK water companies, local authorities and independent businesses. We are currently seeking a Water Networks Modeller to join our team based in Belfast.
The candidate should have post graduate experience and must have a sound knowledge of clean water networks and modelling software packages. Candidates will also ideally have experience in developing modelling solutions that improve water infrastructure systems.
Reporting to a senior engineer, they should be able to work using their own initiative, with minimum supervision and to technical, programme and budget requirements.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in an engineering, scientific or related discipline
- The candidate should be a highly motivated, competent and analytical person. Also an excellent team player that works well on his/her own initiative and possesses strong communication skills.
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Clean water network modelling software such as Aquis, InfoWorks WS, SynerGee Water OR EPANET
- Model construction, validation and calibration
- Using hydraulic models to assess network performance and develop solutions
- Working experience of GIS packages such as MapInfo Pro or ArcGIS
- Co-ordinating field tests
- Delivery of projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required
- Constructing network models and managing junior staff within the local and other UK/ overseas teams
- Investigation of hydraulic problems and resolution of water infrastructure issues through the development of solutions
- Interacting with clients, colleagues, remote teams and other stakeholders using various forms of communication
- Data analysis and anomaly identification
- Input into technical report writing
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound engineering judgement and decision making for technical solutions
- Positive outlook and approachable manner.
- Taking personal responsibility to deliver results, demonstrating resilience and drive
- Good management and organisational skills, team oriented with the ability to work closely with peers, with the ability to delegate work to junior staff
- Flexible, challenging and accountable
- Ability to complete assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety
- Full clean UK driving licence