Click here to download the job description
We are looking for talented and highly motivated individuals to join Atkins’ Management Consultants
division as Graduate Consultants to work on a range of projects and assignments with a large variety
of clients across the UK.
You will participate in a structured Graduate Development Programme which is aimed at developing
your skills and capabilities to produce the leaders of tomorrow. Initially, development and work
experience will focus on developing core consulting capabilities; people skills, achieving results,
applying expertise & knowledge and building sustainable relationships. Subsequent to this you’ll be
encouraged to align yourself to one of MCs service lines; Portfolio, Programme and Project
Management Services, Business Consulting, Technology and Cyber Consulting and to develop
capabilities aligned to our client propositions.
We work across both public and private sector clients.
You will be based in our central London office, however a flexible approach to mobility is required for
travel around the UK for short or long term assignments. There are also opportunities to undertake
international assignments when available.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a security vetting process and offers of
employment will be subject to relevant security clearance being granted.
Initial responsibilities will generally comprise of the following:
- Working in client assignments, both on site and within Atkins offices.
- Performing research and analysis on behalf of clients, bids and other projects.
- Drafts responses to straight forward bids with assistance where required.
- Interaction with clients under direction of more senior managers.
- Attending client meetings as part of a team, communicating effectively in this forum.
- Managing your own work responsibility and ensuring that work is performed and delivered on time
- Identifying and following through on leads associated with work prospects on the projects.
- Operating as an effective and reliable team member.
- Participation in the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, attending briefings, participating in
exercises and assignments.
- Undertaking necessary on-the-job technical training.
- You will develop knowledge of the commercial aspects of project management.
- Building understanding of business technologies and markets.
- Building understanding of MC’s methodologies, and develop the knowledge to apply them.
It is intended that after the first year, graduates will be expected to operate at a greater level of
responsibility with less supervision. Ultimately roles could include leadership and management of
individual client assignments.