Click here to download the PDF
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator’s ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design. Become part of a team of over 650 experts located in North America, Australia, the Middle East, Europe and the UK
We have opportunities for Civil Engineers to join our growing teams based in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Epsom and London
- As one of our graduates, you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most demanding projects in the UK. We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success and our graduates are the future of our business. Therefore we ensure that we provide you with a varied workload and encourage you to extend yourself in order to reach your potential.
Below we have included brief information on the various responsibilities of our graduates within Integrity Management and Fixed Structures team, but further information will be given throughout the interview process:
- Structural integrity of offshore structures and process plant
- Assisting in the assessment of fatigue and reliability of structures
- Advanced analysis and design of structural repairs for existing fixed and floating structures
- Advanced analysis for major modifications and life extension of existing structures and process plant
- Analysis of drilling structures
- Structural engineering, analysis and design of new offshore fixed and floating structures.
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary design projects within other parts of Atkins
- We are looking for individuals that have the ability to think laterally and possess a sound understanding of engineering principles. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and will be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
Candidates should hold or be expected to achieve a degree classification of 2.1 or above at MEng level in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) and have achieved Grade B or above in both Maths and Physics A-Levels (or equivalent).
Using the information given in this job description please provide us with any information on relevant degree modules when completing the application form.