Click here to download the PDF
Within the oil and gas division, our operations focus on fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and subsea pipelines. Having worked on 1000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operator’s ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges from life extension to innovative new design. Become part of a team of over 650 experts located in North America, Australia, the Middle East, Europe and the UK.
- As one of our graduates, you will be involved in real projects from day one, with exposure to some of the most demanding projects in the UK. We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success and our graduates are the future of our business. Therefore we ensure that we provide you with a varied workload and encourage you to extend yourself in order to reach your potential.
Below we have included brief information on the various responsibilities of our graduates within Integrity Management and Fixed Structures Team, based in Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Epsom, Glasgow or London, but further information will be given throughout the interview process:
With the support of the Epsom teams you could work on the following:
- Structural integrity of offshore structures and process plant
- Assisting in the assessment of fatigue and reliability of structures
- Advanced analysis and design of structural repairs for existing fixed and floating structures
- Advanced analysis for major modifications and life extension of existing structures and process plant
- Analysis of drilling structures
- Structural engineering, analysis and design of new offshore fixed and floating structures.
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary design projects within other parts of Atkins
- We are also looking for graduates to support our Fluid Mechanics and CFD team (one of the world’s leading CFD consultancy teams), through computer model generation, calculations to support such models, and post-processing and production of reports
- In addition site work, involving measurement campaigns in support of CFD model development and validation, are a significant part of the work
- Most projects will be in oil & gas and power (gas turbine) related areas of fluid mechanics, but successful candidates will also be able to work in all aspects of Fluid Mechanics as opportunities across the Group (typical examples are Building Design, Nuclear Power, Water, Tunnels Engineering and Renewables)
With the support of the Safety and Reliability team you could:
- Work on safety and risk studies relating to the offshore and downstream oil and gas industry
- Contribute to major oil and gas projects across the world
- Become involved in other sectors, such as the industrial gases and chemicals industry or fire safety within the nuclear industry
As part of the Reliability & Asset Management team you would be carrying out high quality technical work delivering performance improvement to UK and overseas clients in the energy and oil and gas sectors through the application of:
When making an application to our Epsom office please make us aware of any preferences
you have in relation to these roles.
- RAM (Reliability, Availability and Maintainability) engineering and modelling, using in-house
and proprietary software tools, and
- Carrying out assignments involving maintenance strategy development using Reliability
Centred Maintenance (RCM) and related techniques.
- We are looking for individuals that have the ability to think laterally and possess a sound
understanding of engineering principles. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong
interpersonal skills and will be able to build and develop relationships, both internally and externally.
Candidates should hold or be expected to achieve a degree classification of 2.1 or above at MEng
level in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) and have achieved Grade B or above in both Maths
and Physics A-Levels (or equivalent).
Using the information given in this job description please provide us with any information on
relevant degree modules when completing the application form.
Successful candidates will be eligible to join our Graduate Development Programme with a view to
becoming Chartered with the IMechE, and therefore their degree must be accredited by the relevant