Click here to download the PDF
Thermal & Renewable generation team in Glasgow covers conventional, nuclear and renewable sectors and is rapidly expanding to meet the challenges of increasing asset management demand on existing power plant, plus development and build of new plant.
Atkins has an impressive and growing pedigree as a consultant to the power generation industry within the UK and internationally. We cover the full generation life cycle, through feasibility and development, design & build, asset management, decommissioning & demolition. We are involved in all aspects of the environmental challenges and opportunities, including emissions reduction, carbon capture and storage, and UK and international legislation. We support all mainstream generation technologies, including:
- Energy from waste
Our services are provided by a rapidly expanding high calibre team of power plant experts, with an impressive combination of consultancy and utility based experience.
- We encourage vision, problem-solving, ambition, enthusiasm and drive. We recognise that people are the key to our success, and our graduates are the future of our business. We ensure that we provide them with a varied workload and encourage them to extend themselves in order to reach their potential. Under supervision, you will undertake:
Further detail around specific responsibilities will be provided during the interview process. You will be encouraged to be responsible for your own Training & Development and driving forward your career progression through the company as opportunities become available to you.
- Engineering assessment and design for a wide range of power generation technologies
- Operational engineering support to conventional and nuclear power stations in Scotland and elsewhere
- Site visits and interactions with clients are likely to be an important part of this role
- We are looking for individuals with good communication skills who have the ability to not only lead but also work as part of a team. Candidates should have achieved Grade B or above in both Maths and Physics A-Levels, and either hold or be expected to achieve a degree classification of 2.1 or above (or equivalent) at MEng level in Chemical Engineering.
Successful candidates will be eligible to join our Graduate Development Programme with a view to becoming Chartered with the IChemE, and therefore their degree must be accredited by the relevant professional body.
Using the information given in this job description please provide us with any information on relevant degree modules when completing the application form.
- The Individual
- The drive and self motivation to achieve chartered status and to continuously develop your technical & behavioural skills
- Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
- Able to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements