To find out if we’re right for each other we’ve designed a process that is easy to follow and which helps you show us your best. It will be challenging at times and you’ll need to plan your time to help you give it your all. We’re on hand to guide you through.
Take your time learning about us, you can only submit one application so we want to make sure it's the right one for you.
- Step 1 - Find the right role for you
- Use our 'graduate role finder' to learn more about the sectors that are right for you (based on your degree).This will be available to use when the vacancies open in early August.
Please ensure you read the associated job descriptions for each sector you are interested in as they may have opportunities for graduates across a range of disciplines and locations.
- Step 2 - Register your details
- So you’ve chosen the role, and you’re ready to apply. We’ll ask you to kick things off by completing a short registration process designed to gather some basic details about you.
- Step 3 - Situational judgement test
- With your computer, find somewhere quiet where you’ll be able to focus. We’ll present a range of work-based scenarios to you in video format and you’ll select the most/least likely outcome from a list of options.
- Step 4 - Full application
- Here you’ll give us some more information about you, your experience, education, etc.This will take a little time, so find somewhere quiet and give us as much information as possible. We no longer require CVs so please make sure all your information is captured in this section.
- Step 5 - Numerical and inductive reasoning tests
- Again, find somewhere quiet you can focus undisturbed. It’s time for some short tests to assess your abilities. Concentrate and take the allocated time as we'll need you to pass these to continue. If you're able to practice beforehand you should find some practice tests online.
- Step 6 - Telephone Interview
- You’ll arrange this at a time that suits you. Here we’ll want to find out more about who you are and how you’ve learnt from your experiences to date
- Step 7 - Graduate assessment centre
- Here you’ll spend some time with us and others all vying for a place on the programme. Show us your best in a series of activities as this is the last opportunity to impress. We’ll let you know as soon as possible whether you’ll be offered a position. Either way, you’ll receive feedback.
- What can I expect?
- Assessment centres usually take place between 9.30am and 3.30pm. You’ll be able to meet some of our graduates and managers from the business you’re applying to. We’ll also provide refreshments including a lunch!
The assessments will include a technical interview with two managers from the relevant business area, and for some businesses you will need to complete a short technical written exercise. There will also be a number of behavioural exercises which have been designed to assess the competencies we look for in our graduates across the whole of Atkins.
- Will you cover my expenses?
- If you need to book accommodation or flights, please contact the graduate recruitment team who will arrange this for you. On the day you will be given an expense form so you can claim other reasonable expenses incurred. Please keep your receipts.
- When will I know if I have been successful?
- Before you leave the assessment centre we will let you know when you can expect to hear from us. We’ll contact you by phone or email.