We’ve designed a flexible framework that puts you in control of achieving your goals - whether that’s gaining professional accreditation or simply building the skills you need for a successful long-term career.
You’ll be responsible for driving your own development. It’s your future, after all. But we’ll give you plenty of support along the way to make sure you realise your potential.
What can you expect?
It's just the beginning
- Three-year programme, including a two-day induction with your fellow graduates (typically held in September) and further events throughout the programme
- Workshops and formal training in essential skills such as project management and report writing
- Encouragement and development support through internal placements
- On-the-job experience, working on real projects for a range of clients
- Profession-specific schemes to help you gain chartered status as an engineer, scientist, environmentalist, surveyor etc.
- Mentoring and buddy programme to help you identify and reach your goals
- Dedicated line manager
- Special graduate hub on our intranet
- Business-wide graduate representative and social events
- End of programme event, professional review and a 6-12 month career plan
Once you’ve completed your graduate programme, it’s time to take the next step in your career with us. We’ll keep working with you to set objectives and development plans as part of your appraisal process. You’ll be encouraged to use our career development framework as the basis for discussions with your line manager. It’s the perfect tool for exploring your options and identifying exactly how you want to progress with us.