We provide advice and deliver engineering solutions from planning, feasibility, design, procurement to construction supervision services for some of the most complex water and wastewater projects in the UK and abroad. Working in partnership with our clients all over the world, we’re at the heart of tackling the engineering challenges faced by the water industry today and in the future. We utilise our technical expertise to turn potential into reality and make a positive impact on millions of lives.
In the UK, we're looking for talented people to join us and so here you can find out more about what we are about, the wide range of services we deliver in the water sector and search for your next exciting opportunity.
- What We Are About
- Our teams draw on multi-sector experience to challenge existing methods and offer new solutions, whether developing new assets or extracting more value from existing ones.
- We can provide holistic strategic advice combined with proven design and engineering experience to help determine how clients’ can best deliver their services and run their business in the long term.
- Our people know how to work with others to get things done. They consider current and future needs, questioning the problem in front of them while thinking about the bigger picture. The result is fit for purpose, future-proofed solutions that deliver truly valued outcomes.
- Our Disciplines
Our Infrastructure Engineering division has c. 600 staff across the UK, we recruit across the following disciplines:
Civil & Structural Engineers (infrastructure and non-infrastructure)
Mechanical, Electrical & Process design engineers
Wastewater Hydraulic Modellers
Water Network Hydraulic Modellers
Urban Drainage Modellers
Water Infrastructure Operations
Programme and Project Managers
Project Controllers / Planners
- Our Expertise
We bring considerable knowledge and understanding across all aspects of the water industry, our specialist teams drive innovation and add value with a wide range of services:
- Planning: water resources, leakage, operations, investment strategy, environmental assessments
- Regulatory compliance: statutory plans (water resource management plans, drought plans, business plans), due diligence, water quality compliance, European Directives
- Design: pre-feasibility, feasibility, solution identification, detailed design for upgrades, rehabilitation, adaptation, new build
- Advisory: IT, organisation, business, optioneering, regulatory advice, research and development, developer services, operational optimisation, trouble shooting, asset management, policy and process, carbon and energy management, security
- Our Clients
Read about some of the innovative solutions we develop to complex challenges in our latest industry brochure
- Our Projects
Liverpool Wastewater Treatment Works
Atkins are providing detailed design expertise for Liverpool Wastewater Treatment Works, which is part of a £150 million expansion for our client, United Utilities. The completed project will serve the needs for 600,000 by allowing the works to deal with -50 mega-litres per day.
Find out more information here
Belfast Sewers Upgrade
This was one of the largest infrastructure projects to be undertaken in Norther Ireland; Atkins was lead consultant to upgrade the ageing Victoria sewer system.
Find out more information here
- Thought Leadership
The Future Proofing the UK Water Sector report published by Atkins examines four possible future scenarios to determine how drivers such as climate change and population growth could affect the UK’s water sector to 2050.Click here to view the report