Atkins is one of the world's leading transportation consulting engineers. Its Transportation business is the largest in its field in Europe. We undertake projects from feasibility through to detailed design and construction management. Our engineers provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
The Transportation team in Croydon is seeking a CAD Manager, who will be responsible for ensuring that the local office can effectively deliver CAD and BIM to client requirements. The role provides technical leadership at project level in the knowledge, application and development of these areas. This means working other CAD Leads within the Rail Solutions business and alongside the Rail Solutions BIM/Croydon CAD Lead.
This role provides technical leadership of CAD/BIM to both technicians and Project Management staff.
Role requires a combination of 4 major elements:-
1. Good working knowledge of main client standard (NR, CrossRail)
2. Good practical knowledge of 3D design tools and the application of BIM, 4D and 5D modelling
3. Documenting and delivering training
4. Support core CAD delivery across CAD teams
• Support the rollout strategy for BIM. Ensure progress, processes and issues in the CAD/BIM environment are effectively reported and addressed
• On an ongoing basis, promote and assist teams in adopting best practice in implementing BIM methodologies and practices
Business-wide CAD Performance Improvement
• Identify where efficiency savings, training or productivity gains can bring worthwhile benefit, and assist in the implementation of solutions.
• Support the work associated with CAD/BIM/Document Management software upgrades and testing
Operational CAD and Document Management Systems Leadership
• Engage with Project Teams to respond effectively to poor working and/or inconsistent methods that require improvement
• Reinforce Quality Assurance processes to ensure that all client deliverables are fully compliant with standards
• Assist project delivery staff to setup and maintain projects to ensure delivery to client and DISM standards
• Provision of, and updates on applicable standards
• Engineering or technically based training and professional qualification essential
• Evidence of ongoing CPD in recognised industry applications (ie Bentley, AutoDesk)
• Must have experience operating as a dedicated CAD Lead;
• Knowledge of infrastructure design processes working within a multiple discipline engineering environment, and within a project and commercially focused business;
• Identify, interpret and apply required industry/ client/ internal CAD standards. To ensure that our finished product is Project , Client and BIM compliant
• Project delivery using the core CAD applications of MicroStation and AutoCAD.
• Projectwise administration to include :allocations ,Permissions workflow management
• Resolution of CAD related problems/queries
• Guidance to new CAD staff on drawing compilation and EDMS
• Experience of a number of the following technical applications:
Bentley Rail Track, Bentley Architecture, Bentley Structural, Revit, Civil 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, Navisworks, Bentley Navigator, Projectwise
• Experience in delivering technical training
• Able to demonstrate advanced CAD and BIM technical knowledge
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
• Good team player whilst remaining self motivated
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Excellent time management and prioritisation
• Creative thinker with a can do attitude.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. Online training for all AutoDesk and Bentley products are available after initial assessment.