This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
Balfour Beatty is part of a consortium that comprises Connect Plus Services (CPS), together with Atkins and Egis Road Operations UK.
CPS has a 30-year contract with Connect Plus on behalf of Highways England. The contract, which started in September 2009, is to maintain and operate the M25 motorway network, including all adjoining trunk and slip roads, a network of 440km across six counties. CPS also has responsibility for the Dartford River Crossing in Kent, comprising both Dartford Tunnels and the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.
With a staff of around 600 people, based at seven locations across the network, CPS carries out routine maintenance and whole-life management of the thousands of M25 assets. CPS manages the operation of the network 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, including a severe weather season maintenance programme. CPS is identifying ways of reducing delays and improving journey time reliability across its road network.
To assist in all aspects relating to the support, maintenance and development of all IT services across the business
- Work closely with the IT team to support the IT Helpdesk Team Leader and business in delivering a high level of IT service delivery, meeting agreed SLA’s
- Provide 1st 2nd line helpdesk support to CPS user base.
- Pass on skills and knowledge to existing IT colleagues through coaching and training sessions.
- To install and configure IT services, hardware and software as detailed within the business service catalogue.
- To help produce and maintain IT reports, statistics, checklists and other relevant documentation as necessary.
- Minimise risks to security, availability and capacity of all business IT services and the information held therein.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders when required
- To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- To be aware of and abide by the business health and safety procedures and associated polices.
- Proactively implement and follow IT policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the IT Manager.