Atkins is a FTSE 250 company and is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. It has operations in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific, the USA and Africa. It employs approximately 18,500 people globally of which c9,000 are in the UK.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior VAT Accountant in our Warrington office, reporting to the Head of Group Compliance and Reporting. The role is predominantly VAT related however as a member of the Tax Compliance & Reporting Team the role is likely to involve aspects of corporate tax compliance.
Overview of Key Responsibilities
- All aspects of UK VAT compliance including preparation and submission of VAT and statistical returns and liaison with HMRC.
- Manage the transition to digital reporting in the UK
- Liaise with internal project accountants and support functions to ensure appropriate VAT accounting
- Maintenance of SAO VAT documentation
- Provide ad hoc VAT technical expertise and support including liaising with country specific professional advisers
- Provide technical updates and training to the business
- Oversight of global indirect tax compliance including
- Opportunity for involvement in Corporate Tax compliance matters including, tax return preparation, providing support for BEPS related compliance and R&D tax credits
Skills & attributes required
• Accountancy qualified (CTA preferable)
• Proven and practical experience in VAT dominant role
• High level of accuracy and eye for detail
• IT experienced – strong numerical background and advanced excel skills, including pivots
• Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
• Calm and efficient under pressure
• Professional and team-orientated in approach
• Confident and effective communicator.
Additional Information and Benefits
- Flexible working options including part time may be considered for this vacancy.
- Travel to other company sites may be necessary.
- Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
- Atkins develops our employees through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have a programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2015’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.