The successful candidate will have a background in Intelligent Transport Systems and / or public transport technology ideally with experience including Smart Ticketing, Real Time Passenger Information and other local authority systems. Your experience will enable you to provide high quality consultancy as part of a project team. Candidates will be required to prepare bids, act as project manager and be willing to lead appropriately sized tasks themselves.
Projects centre on the deployment of technology based transport solutions for mainly public sector organisations, including transport and local authorities.
The Network Operations and Technology team assists public sector organisations in a wide number of activities, providing ‘whole life’ consultancy across the breadth of a project. Typically, these include:
• Strategic and technical advice, feasibility and scoping
• Business case development, requirements capture, specification design and other project inception activities
• Project management during procurement and installation
• Commissioning and acceptance testing
The role involves leading and supporting these activities on projects of varying size.
As a consultancy, Atkins is a people based business and our continued success depends upon recruiting and retaining talented professionals from a variety of backgrounds. We are as committed to diversity as we are to excellence.
• Good degree and/or relevant professional qualification or equivalent
• Experience of providing consultancy support for delivery of intelligent transport systems projects and / or experience in a local / public authority setting or transport operator
• Provision of support on projects including project management and advisory roles
• Ability to understand complex issues and capture client and system requirements
• Ability to deliver assignments, within tight time constraints
• Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment
• An awareness of Health and Safety issues
• Client focussed and able to develop effective relationships
• Project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects for various clients
• Proven ability to learn new skills and understand complex technical projects rapidly
• Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas
• Business development and client engagement
• Willing to work in various locations in the UK and abroad
• Delivery of high quality, innovative client solutions for Intelligent Transport Systems projects
• Actively seeking, reporting and developing prospective opportunities to grow client accounts
• Project Management duties on projects
• Monitor your own projects to ensure delivery to budget, time and quality
• Liaison with clients with the ability to discuss all aspects of existing and future projects
• Identification and development of project opportunities
• Identification and development of bids to clients
• Effective management of the delivery of work to standards and procedures (internal and client)
• Contribution to the development of consultancy offerings and propositions
• Preparation of cost estimates and scopes
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate evidence of:
• Ability to work collaboratively in a complex matrix structure
• Ability to assist and guide less experienced staff on technical delivery and project management
• Ability to show initiative and examples of creativity
• A professional manner
• A clear and thorough communication style
• Flexible attitude
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Right to Work
The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.